The Certified Club Manager Award (CCM)
The letters CCM signifies this prestigious industry award. To initially achieve the CCM award, applicants must meet the points and the criteria for each of the sections that make up the award i.e. Industry Experience, Industry Activity and Education. The recipient of the award will be entitled to retain this CCM status for perpetuity. Recipients will be initially granted active status of the award for a period of two years.
The Active Certified Club Manager Award (ACCM)
To either attain and/or maintain the active status of the CCM award, ACCM, Managers must be employed within the club industry, be current members of the CMAA, and provide evidence of continued Education and/or Industry Activity. This is done by collecting a minimum of 50 points over a two-year period.
Criteria for initial achievement of CCM Award
Club Industry Experience
100 points minimum required
- 35 points per year for a Manager at Level E, F or G
- 20 points per year for a Manager at Level C or D
- 15 points per year for a Manager at Level A or B
- 10 points per year for experience at LTU Supervisory level with a maximum credit of 20 points.
- 15 points per year for Trainee Managers and in the first professional year 40 points
- 10 points per year for managerial experience gained in an aligned hospitality sector with a maximum credit of 40 points.
Applicants are asked to provide a Letter of Testimonial from their Secretary/Manager and/or President including the following:
- Years of Employment
- Management award level, and
- Referee (if applicable)
Applicants are also required to provide a Resume detailing current job description and relevant previous experiences.
NB: Applicants must be financial members of the CMA for a minimum of 12 months prior to application.
Club Industry Activity
100 points minimum in total AND
Club Managers’ Association Activity
A minimum of 80 points of CMAA activity
- attendance at least on one CMAA Annual Conference or CMDA training course or seminar,
- attendance at least on two CMAA zone meetings within the two year period prior to attaining the ACCM award required to satisfy the criteria.
within the two year period prior to attaining the ACCM award
*For members who attend a CMAA Annual Conference/summit delivered more than 100km radius from their club’s premises, an additional 10 points will be allocated.
- 30 points for attending a CMAA Annual Conference*
- 20 points for attending a CMAA Summit*
- 15 points per year for CMAA Office Bearers eg: Executive Boards and Zone Committee members
- 10 points for attending a CMAA Zone Meeting.
- 2 points for attending an approved CMAA Zone Meeting Education Workshop
- 2 points per hour attendance at a CMAA/CMDA Training Course/Seminar/Conference Workshop (maximum of 25 points allocated per event)**
- 2 points per hour attendance at a CMAA/CMDA Partner Training Course/Seminar/Conference Workshop (maximum of 25 points allocated per event).
** For members who attend a CMAA Training Course or seminar delivered more than 100km radius from their club’s premises, an additional 5 points will be allocated.
Attach details of CMAA and/or CMDA office(s) held including the following information:
Non Club Managers’ Association Activity
A maximum of 20 points of approved non CMAA industry activity
- Office title,
- Duration of office.
can be allocated within the two year period prior to attaining the ACCM award
- 5 points maximum per event allocated for attendance on Non Club Managers’ Association Training Courses/Seminars/Conferences endorsed and approved by the CMDA Board of Management Studies. These include club industry associations’ conferences.
Attach details of all industry activity including the following information:
- Meeting organiser,
- Meeting title,
- Meeting date,
- Meeting duration (in hours), and
- Meeting venue.
Attach copies of certificates and/or assessment award documents for units listed in the education criteria for the award. Download the full educational requirements criteria found at the top of this page.