The CMDA provides appropriate mechanisms and services for students to have complaints and appeals addressed efficiently and effectively.
- A complaint should first be lodged with Training Administrator within 14 days of the issue arising, where practicable, using the form below.
- A written response will be provided within 21 working days.
- Where the outcome is not satisfactory to the candidate, the Education Manager should be contacted in writing (mail/email), setting out:
The Education Manager will consider the complaint and the student will be notified in writing of the outcome.
If the candidate is not satisfied with the outcome, the complaint will be referred to an independent person, who is agreed to by both parties, and the candidate will have an opportunity to formally present their case.
The complaint and outcome must be entered into the Complaints and Appeals Log.
- The circumstances surrounding the issue, date and nature of the incident
- Who was involved
- Why a complaint is being lodged
- Any evidence including dates and documentation
- The name of any witnesses who could support the case
- Where appropriate the candidate should first approach the assessor concerned within 14 days of receiving the assessment result, where practicable.
- Where the outcome is not satisfactory to the candidate, the Education Manager should be contacted in writing (using the form below), setting out:
The Education Manager will consider the appeal and decide whether the assessment decision stands or provide an opportunity for re-assessment by another assessor (appointed by the CMA)
The candidate will be notified in writing of the outcome, the reason for the decision and where relevant possible reassessment.
If the candidate is still not satisfied with the decision, the appeal will be referred to an independent person, who is agreed to by both parties, and the client will have an opportunity to formally present their case.
The appeal and outcome must be entered in the Complaints and Appeals Log.
- Grounds for appeal
- Why an appeal is being lodged, giving specific reasons
- Any evidence which could support the appeal
Download Compliant or Assessment Appeal Application below:
Complaint / Appeals application