1) Your name, your club and your
Shane Globits, Club North Haven – Sports & Marketing Manager / 2iC
2) What is your biggest or has been your biggest challenge with the club and your role.?
The age demographic over the years has been very high in the past, however there has been a change over the last 2 years with new development in the region. Our club is also a boarder line medium to large club which means management is still very hands on, so time organisation skills are essential.
3) What has been some of your achievements or highlights since being at the club?
We have progressed to a point where renovations are essential for the long term prosperity of the club. We are now in a very healthy financial position and will be commencing major extensions and refurbishments in the new year. I have also had the opportunity to travel to Singapore, Hong Kong and Macau through the 2016 CMAA Bursary Program the experience and networking was invaluable.
4) Is there a piece of advice or something compelling you have learnt that you can pass on to our readers and up and coming managers.
My main advice for upcoming managers is to set your goals and plan how you will achieve them. Small or Large, personal or business it doesn’t matter which, but you need to always look forward and be proactive in your roles. Remember treading water never gets you anywhere.
5) Outside of the club and your role there. Do you have any hobbies or passions.. tell us a bit about you?
Out side of work I love spending time with my wife and three beautiful children.