1) Your name, your club and your position
Vicky Kotkiewicz, Merrylands RSL Club, Human Resources Manager, GradCertCom(Human Resources), CAHRI
2) What is your biggest or has been your biggest challenge with the club and your role.?
I’m a bit of a boundary pusher and like to challenge myself as well as my team. Having been out of the Club industry for a few years has given me the opportunity to step out of the Club shell and experience many other industries including security, labour hire and building & construction. Entering these unknown industries required me to learn different corporate cultures and this has allowed me to be exposed to re-evaluating how things ‘have always been done’. The Club industry has changed drastically over the years (and continues to do so!) so it is important to be flexible and to allow yourself to take on new opportunities.
3) What has been some of your achievements or highlights since being at the club?
We have started to integrate new technology solutions to enable our workforce to have better accessibility to the workplace. Our staff now have remote access to their rosters and payslips as well as the ability complete training remotely.
4) Is there a piece of advice or something compelling you have learnt that you can pass on to our readers and up and coming managers.
If it doesn’t work, fix it. If it does work make sure it’s still relevant to what it’s original purpose was!
5) Outside of the club and your role there. Do you have any hobbies or passions.. tell us a bit about you?
I’m extremely passionate about food and travel – I hope to come back as a food critic in another life and being able to travel the world!