Being apart of the CMAA is rewarding on so many levels.
We help to
‘grow the people who grow your club'
The Club Managers' Association Australia is registered as an industrial organisation of employees in the terms of the Fair Work Act, 2009. The CMAA is affiliated with the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU).
The Club Managers' Association Australia, whilst a responsible union, is in the unique position of having its members as both employees, under the Federal Award, and also as employers in their day to day management and administration of Registered Licensed Clubs. Subsequently, the role of the Association extends beyond a purely industrial focus to include the advancement and professional growth of its members and the industry as a whole.
The Association represents professional managers of registered clubs nationally. In this capacity, they are required to be competent in a diverse range of administrative and managerial capacities including the provision of advice to directors and implementation of all aspects of the Registered Clubs Act, Corporations Laws and other relevant legislation. The necessary expertise is gained through the activities of the educational arm of the Association, Club Management Development Australia.
- Industrial Relations representation and advice
- Professional career advice and counselling
- Industry-recognised training
- Industry-specific accreditation and recognition (ACCM Program)
- Accumulate industry activity points
- Eligible to apply for a CMDA National Bursary for free formal education and international professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to attend a wide range of CMDA courses,
- Seminars and Conferences
- Weekly EDMs to members updating them on industry news and CMDA development courses.
- Receive ongoing industrial and professional development information through various on-going CMAA communications
- Member Rewards Program (discount offers on selected social and professional goods and services)
- A peer network of like-minded hospitality managers with regular local Zone Meetings
- Professional and personal counselling
CMAA Membership Eligibility:
You are eligible to become a CMAA Member if you are a Manager currently working in the Hospitality Industry. Examples of the type of job roles a CMAA Member may perform include:
- Club Manager
- Club Manager-Secretary
- Assistant Club Manager
- Assistant Club Secretary
- Sub-Assistant Manager
- Catering Manager
- Bar Manager
- House Manager
- Beverage Manager
- Duty Manager
- And all other persons (by whatever title) performing managerial duties in clubs and hospitality venues.
What Are The Benefits To The Employer?
- Through the CMAA’s training arm – the CMDA – employers receive the benefits of having professionally trained and qualified managers running their venues successfully.
- Discounted rate for CMDA training courses – a direct dollar saving.
- Opportunities for staff to subscribe to a professional association for career path support and assistance.
- Incentive for staff to drive own career and development path.
- Increased loyalty from a supported workforce.
Zone Meetings are held a few times each year. You can attend meetings in any CMAA Zone, however making time to attend your particular Zone Meeting is a great opportunity to meet and network with industry colleagues.
Most Zone Meetings contain an informative industry-relevant presentation or workshop, followed by a lunch or similar networking/social event.
Put yourself at the head of the pack with a vast range of education and professional development options to remain competitive in today’s tough and competitive labour market. Options include vocational and customised training via course work, webinars, summits and conferences. We offer discounted prices for CMAA Members.
Apply for the annual CMDA National Bursary Program with free education and professional development opportunities ranging from summits to overseas study trips.
Active Certified Club Manager (ACCM) Award
Link your education, management experience, and ongoing industry activities to achieve the prestigious Active Certified Club Manager (ACCM) award. Join the successful club managers who are proud to include the ACCM initials on their business cards.
For confidential, professional assistance, support and counselling on any challenge in your professional or personal life –
CMAA CARE - Free call 1300 464 262.
To download a membership brochure and application form (link temporarily unavailable)
To join on-line now click here
To find out more or to talk to our Membership team contact:
(W) 9746 4199