A great course to follow on from Adv Excel
Learn how to turn your spreadsheets into a usable daily format to manage your club.
Dashboards allow your data to be displayed in real terms that your team can use to enhance the clubs performance, and allow you to view your organisation as a whole.
Workshop 2 Creating Dashboards for Club Professionals ( 1 day )
An Excel Dashboard provides insight, analysis and alerts. They're fully interactive and dynamic and can help with project management, customer service, retail management, financial forecasting and much more.
1. Usually fits on one page
2. Displays key trends, comparisons and data graphically or in small tables
3. Provides the reader with conclusions to their objective
4. Is often interactive allowing the user to filter data and switch views themselves
5. Employs best practices that enable the report to be updated quickly and easily (often at the click of just one button)
What you'll learn
1. Learn the 5 key questions to ask in the planning stage of your dashboard
2. Learn how to get the Data Ready for Excel Dashboards
3. Learn how to choose the right chart for your data.
4. Learn how to create amazingly powerful dashboard that are easy to read and interpret.
5. Learn how to make them sticky across the organization.
Module 1: Excel Dashboard Essentials
In this module, you get started with an Introduction to Excel Dashboards and some inbuilt Excel features that are useful while creating a dashboard.
• Introduction to Excel Dashboards
• Overview of Excel Table
• Number Formatting Tricks for Dashboards
• Using Symbols in Dashboards
• Wonders of Conditional Formatting
• Using Sparklines in Excel Dashboards
Module 2: Dashboard Nuts & Bolts
Once you have a good understanding of the Excel dashboard essentials, this module will expose you to the building blocks.
• Getting the Data Ready for Excel Dashboards
• Understanding Important Dashboard Formulas
• Using Interactive Controls in Excel Dashboards (Scroll Bar, Check Box, Radio Button, Drop Down Lists, etc.)
Module 3: Excel Charting for Dashboards
In this module, you learn all about Excel charting. It begins with charting basics and then covers advanced charting concepts in detail.
• Introduction to Excel Charting
• Creating the Right Chart
• Creating Interactive Charts in Excel
• Using Bullet Charts in Excel Dashboards
Module 4: Creating Dashboards From Scratch
In this module, you will learn how to create dashboards from scratch. Real life examples will show you how to take the raw data and create beautiful and dynamic dashboard using it
Module 5: Dashboard Extras
In this bonus module, you'll learn about some additional features that will add more power to your Excel dashboards.
• Data Validation Techniques for Dashboards
• Excel Named Ranges Overview
• Pivot Table Overview
Please note that a 1.7% credit card fee applies to online credit card payments. A $30 administration fee will be added should
you wish to pay on invoice rather than Credit Card on line payment.