UNDERSTANDING THE AWARD
PLEASE HAVE YOUR CMAA MEMBERSHIP NUMBER READY TO RECEIVE MEMBERS PRICE
Only individual CMAA members & CMDA Affiliates are eligible to receive the Members price.
You must enter your membership number starting with MY to receive the Members price.
All Non CMAA Members & staff of CMAA Members (who are not CMAA Members or Affiliates)
MUST register as Non Members at the price listed
First Quarter courses in 2024 CLICK DATE TO REGISTER
13 March - Kirribilli Club - https://www.stickytickets.com.au/04X8W
Working with the Registered & Licensed Clubs Award (2020) Course
The Registered & Licensed Clubs Award operates with the force of legislation and regulates the terms by which workers can be employed in Clubs. Understanding the Award can be confronting and confusing and non-compliance may often prove costly for Clubs.
Designed to assist Club management personnel to understand, navigate and work with the RLC Award, this full day course will help all levels of Club personnel who are responsible for the application of Award terms and conditions in the workplace.
The CMAA has extensive involvement with the application of the Award and managers often seek information and request interpretation of Award conditions for their own employment and that of Club staff.
Being a Modern Award, it is subject to many variations as reviews occur frequently. Payroll systems are updated with such variations and although accurate, do not help managers to really understand and apply Award conditions accurately.
Course content includes:
• An introduction to, and brief history of the R&LC Award (2020)
• An understanding of the National Employment Standards, the Fair Work Act (2009) and the industrial relations foundation of the Modern Award
• Why do managers need to understand the Award and what may happen when Award conditions are misinterpreted?
• To navigate, interpret & apply conditions as listed in Parts 1 to 9 and Schedules A to G of the Award
• Understand the unique peculiarities and how working with the Award will impact rosters, staff management and labour costs in your Club
• Why accurate interpretation of the Award influences staff morale
• How to keep up to date with changes to the Award and where to find further information.
This extensive course extends on learnings from “Navigate the Award” content of the Duty Manager Program and compliments CMDA’s “Managing the Life Cycle of the Club Employee” course.
As Enterprise Agreements are based on the Award as a minimum standard, Clubs who operate under their own agreement may also benefit from this comprehensive course.
Cost Members: $480 - Non-Members $680.